Wargrave Women and Girls Football Club are looking forward to hosting the 2020 Five/Six-a-Side Women and Girls Football Tournament, confirmed as Sunday 17th May 2020.
The match results for 2019, featuring almost 90 teams, is still available by clicking on the following link: http://5aside.wargravegirlsfc.co.uk
This family event promises to be a great day out for spectators and players alike. There will be refreshments and a BBQ available throughout the day. Feel free to bring along your team gazebo and come and support from the side-lines. There will be trophies and medals for all winners (everyone under 10 is a winner!).
The format for all ages is a League competition, followed by a knockout competition determined by the number of Age Group entries:
- Age Groups with 8 or more entries will be formed into 2 leagues and then a Champions knockout for teams placed 1st and 2nd and a Europa knockout for teams placed 3rd and 4th; in each league.
- Age Groups where there are up 7 entries will be formed into a single league followed by a Champions knockout for the top 4 teams.
Teams will play a minimum of 4 games and a maximum of 7 games (depending upon the number of teams entered), with most teams playing 5-6 games.
Timings (subject to confirmation and possible adjustments):
- U9, U11, U14 – Teams can register at the administration tent from 08:30-09:00 with a briefing at 09:15 (all managers to attend) for 09:30 start, presentations at 12:00
- U8, U12, U15 – Teams can register at the administration tent from 11:00-11:30 with a briefing at 11:45 (all managers to attend) for 12:00 start, presentations at 15:00
- U10, U13, U16, U18/Women, – Teams can register at the administration tent from 14:00-14:30 with a briefing at 14:45 (all managers to attend) for 15:00 start, presentations at 17:30
Entry categories are based on BCGFL player age groups for the 2019/2o football season.
U8, U9 and U10 teams may have a maximum of 8 players (6-a-side) in a squad.
U11, U12, U13, U14, U15, U16, U18/Women teams may have a maximum of 7 players (5-a-side) in a squad.
All proceeds go towards equipment for the Wargrave Women and Girls Football Club.
Any questions, please email: email@example.com
We will be playing the Tournament at the Piggott School this year, information is likely to be exactly the same as last season:
Registrations are now open: